We are currently looking for experienced deckhands along the Gulf Coast.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience as decking on towboat required
- Reliable transportation
- Valid ID
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be able to meet all physical qualifications per company guidelines
- Must have Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) or be able to attain it
- Must be able to speak, read and write in the English language per USCG regulations
- Must be able to be away for extended periods of time as schedules are generally 28 days away and 14 days home or 20 Days away and 10 Days home
- Must be able to work through Holidays, should your shift fall on a Holiday
- Must be able to handle rigging (up to 75 lbs-100lbs)
- Able to build and check tow by utilizing various tools/equipment to include but not limited to wrenches, ratchets, shackles, chain straps and wires/cables.
- General Vessel Maintenance and Upkeep (Housekeeping)
- Able to move and stack sets of rigging throughout the vessel and barges.
- Deckhand must be able to move pumps and hoses about the barges and place hoses in wing tank/void for removal of water.
- Deckhand must be able to assist with the stocking and delivery of various supplies from on the vessel to and from the front hole.
- Deckhand must be able to complete skiff operations to allow the crew to go ashore and come aboard the vessel.
- Deckhand must be able to complete processes to allow the vessel to take on fuel.
- Deckhand must be able to complete daily and periodic cleaning tasks to include but not limited to trash removal, mopping, scraping, sanding and painting etc.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Insurance plans offering dental, vision, and health benefits
- 401K Benefits
- Short Term Disability Benefits
To apply for a Deckhand position, you will need to have the following up to date and valid documents:
- Drivers License
- Social Security Card